Important Things YOU Need To Keep In Your Truck
What tools should you carry in your truck? If you're 100% not sure, this is for you.
The following items are in no particular order because they are all most important at the moment you need them:
- Misc. wrenches
- Flat and Philips head screwdrivers
- 3' pry bar
- Adjustable crescent-style wrench
- Pliers (regular, side cutter, needle nose)
- 3lb hammer
- Vice grip style locking pliers
- Cargo traps (always try to have at least six available)
- Smaller ratchet straps
- Nylon zip ties
- Rubber/bungee cords
- Duct tape
Consumable shop items:
- Spare fuses in all sizes
- White lithium grease
- PB penetrating spray
- Tubes of heavy grease with a spatula to apply to the dry 5th wheel
- Dish soap for squeegee head at truck stops
- An extra blanket or sleeping bag
- Warm hat/gloves
- Chalk to mark tandem holes when adjusting weight
- Air gauge for tire valves
- Depth gauge for tread depth
- Kitty litter for traction or fluid spills
- A rod or stick to wedge between the service brake and seat that will press the brake pedal (assist in locating any leaks in air brakes)
- Broom or cordless leaf blower to clean trailers.
It may seem like a lot to carry, but everything on this list will keep you rolling, safe, or comfortable-ESPECIALLY if you break down. Being broken down on the side of the road in extreme weather not only sucks but can be downright dangerous!
Drive safely this winter.
Click this link to apply with Veriha TODAY: